1917 Dress

So I’ve been working on this.

It hasn’t been too much work, and I’ve used some fabric remnants. I don’t have pictures yet.

Unfortunately, I didn’t double-check the measurements, so the skirt is way too short. And way too narrow. I don’t even know how that happened. :p But now I have to figure out how I’m going to make the skirt wider. I hate putting in gores!
Now I’m thinking that maybe I just didn’t enlarge the pattern enough, even though I DID measure in more than one place. Ah, well, it’s been a learning experience.

I didn’t take any pictures of making it, so I’ll just have to take pictures when I’m done. It’s not anything too great, but I’m just happy to have completed something. 🙂
EDIT: Wow, I forgot about this. Let’s just say that this dress didn’t end up happening.  It started smelling really weird and I didn’t want to deal with it. I think there was something wrong with the fabric that I didn’t notice immediately. 😮

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s